1 C Sour Cream or 1 1/2 low fat Plain Yogurt (reduces calories and saturated fat... like a LOT)
1- 1 1/2 C Sugar (Your choice how much sugar. We always do reduced sugar... the 1 C)
1/2 C softened butter
2 Lg Eggs
1 1/2 C Mashed bananas (Browner the better)
2 t Vanilla
2 C Whole Wheat Flour ( or 1C White and 1 C Whole Wheat)
1/3 C Ground Flax Seed
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Salt
1. Blend all together.
2. Spray and Flour cookie sheet
3. Bake 20-25 min @ 350deg.
4. Pour glaze immediately after removed from oven. (optional.)
5. Sprinkle chopped nuts. (optional.)
Basic Glaze:
1 C Powder Sugar
1/8 C Melted butter
1-2 T Water
1 t Vanilla
I hope your family can enjoy those brown bananas with this recipe.
Tip: When your bananas are brown and soft....
-Remove from the peel and place in a freezer safe Ziploc. That way they are great in shakes. Or defrost for mashed banana Baby food.
-Place the whole brown bunch in freezer, peel and all. Defrost in fridge or counter. Cut top and squeeze into the bowl once defrosted. I find the recipe turns out better with defrosted bananas.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah!Somedays I think, what was that great tasting banana cake thing? I wish I had the recipe...and now I do! Thank you!
Post a Comment